Are you looking for a self catering holiday cottage to rent near Lake Vyrnwy? If so, we have a beautiful holiday cottage for rent. We are situated in the small village of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog which is set in the glorious North Wales / Mid Wales countryside. The cottage is an ideal base for visiting Lake Vyrnwy and the surrounding area which has some spectacular scenery, lovely walks and great things to do.
About our holiday cottage
Glan y Wern is a traditional Welsh cottage in the small village of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog. Llanarmon DC is set in the beautiful Ceiriog Valley on the edge of the Berwyn Mountains. We have two wonderful historic inns serving food within a 2 minute walk of the cottage. There are mountain biking trails and walking trails straight from the door of the cottage. Please visit our website for more information about the cottage and things to do in the area.
- Sleeps 4 in two bedrooms.
- En suite and family bathroom.
- Comfortable lounge with log burner.
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Traditional cottage finished to a high standard.
- Off road parking.
- Bike storage.
- Patio and BBQ overlooking open fields.
- Short walk to two historic inns serving fantastic food.
Glan y Wern makes a great holiday destination for couples, families with children, short breaks or longer holidays. Families, walkers, outdoor enthusiasts and mountain bikers love our North Wales holiday cottage.
Lake Vyrnwy things to do
Lake Vyrnwy is one of our favourite places to visit. It is a truly stunning setting and there are lots of walks and activities in the area. On the edge of the Snowdonia National Park and south of Lake Bala, Lake Vyrnwy is set amidst the beautiful Berwyn Mountains.
Here are some of our recommendations for things to do and days out around Lake Vyrnwy:
- Hire a canoe and paddle on the lake.
- Bird watching – Lake Vyrnwy is an RSPB reserve.
- Walk around the lake.
- Hire a bike and cycle around the lake.
- Spa day at the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa.
- Star gazing – there is very little light pollution in the area.
- Walk to Rhiwargor Waterfall.
- Visit the sculpture park.
- Ice creams in the café.
- Picnic beside the lake.