Voted one of the top 10 travel destinations in the world by Lonely Planet, North Wales is a great place to visit. We are located in the small village of Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog in the Berwyn Range and are surrounded by some of the nicest scenery in North Wales. We have two historic inns in the village which both serve great food.
To the north, we have the Clwydian Range and the Snowdonia National Park is 20 miles west. Attractions include historic houses, stunning walks, great road cycling, mountain bike trails, lakes, waterfalls and adventure activities. If you are travelling with children you will not be short of things to do with kids.
Llangollen, Betws-y-Coed and Bala are a short drive away and the historic Roman city of Chester is just over one hour by car. If mountain biking is your thing, the trails at Coed Llandegla, Penmachno and Coed y Brenin are easily reached by car while Revolution Bike Park is just over the hill in the next valley.
Family days out
- Visit Chester Zoo, renowned as one of the best zoos in the world.
- Take a steam train ride at Llangollen, Bala or Blaenau Ffestiniog.
- Hire a canoe at Lake Vyrnwy or Bala.
- Visit Chirk Castle, Powis Castle or Conwy castle.
- Hit the beach at Barmouth, Llandudno or Aberdovey.
- Have a bike ride at Lake Vyrnwy or along the canal at Llangollen.
- Try mountain biking at Llandegla or Coed y Brenin.
- More family days out…
- Walk a section of Offa’s Dyke path.
- Explore quiet walks around Llanarmon and the Ceiriog Valley.
- Head up into the Berwyn Range and explore the waterfall at Pistyll Rhaeadr.
- Explore the fantastic walks around Lake Vyrnwy and Rhiwargor waterfall.
- Head to Snowdonia National Park.
- Get away from it all in the Clwydian Range.
- Try some of the beautiful walks around Llangollen and the Dee Valley.
- More walks…
Cycling and Mountain Biking
- Ride the trails at Coed Llandegla.
- Downhill MTB trails at Revolution Bike Park.
- Head to Betws-y-Coed and try the Penmachno Trails.
- Ride the Ceiriog Trails straight from the door of the cottage.
- Visit Coed-y-Brenin for some of the best mountain biking in Wales.
- Try some of the best on-road cycling routes in North and Mid Wales.
- More mountain biking and cycling…
Places to Visit
- Owned by the National Trust, Chirk Castle is a short drive away and has lovely gardens to explore.
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct – dare you look down?
- Erddig – one of the finest historic houses in Britain.
- Valle Crucis Abbey and the horseshoe pass.
- Powis Castle – National Trust gardens and castle.
- Llangollen with the River Dee running through the middle, antique shops and canal side walks.
- More places to visit…
Active and Adventure
- Try white water rafting and watersports at Bala or Llangollen.
- Surfing at Surf Snowdonia.
- Zip lining at Blaenau Ffestiniog.
- Go underground on a caving trip in Betws-y-Coed.
- Get wet on a canyoning trip.
- Try your hand at rock climbing in Llangollen.
- More active and adventure…
Eat and drink
- The Hand at Llanarmon – voted one of the 30 cosiest pubs in Britain by the Daily Telegraph. Great food and drink.
- The West Arms – historic inn with a great fire, food and drink. Lovely beer garden overlooking the river.
- More places to eat and drink…